Friday, October 1, 2010

K & J.

     A common saying in Christianity is "the power of prayer". I have heard this, spoken this but it wasn't until recently that it began to truly ring true in my personal walk with Christ. I praise God for allowing me to attend the Christian university that I do and at the beginning of each semester we have Summit week, which is like a revival. This year God challenged me in my prayer life. To believe in the gift of prayer. This was sparked by our cousins Kal and Jad Mitchell. A week or two before our wedding Kory and I were challenged to begin praying each day for the boys, I for Kal and he for Jad. They were my daily reminder to cast all my cares and worries to the heavenly Father. 
      These tiny conjoined twins that were never able to experience earth, but were given the GIFT of life abundant in heaven with their almighty father truly ministered to me. Their struggles and challenges they faced called me into a spirit of constant prayer. Their Mom & Dad's strength and faith in the midst of their crisis left me with no choice but to praise Him. I know they have left an eternal impact on many hearts and lives and I thank God for using Kal and Jad to teach me to believe in the power of prayer. 
   There are days when I go to pray for John and Shawna and I just don't have the words so I lean on Romans 8:26-27 and allow the Spirit to lift them up on my behalf:
"The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
http://forthegloryofgod.tv  -----> watch the memorial service here.
Thankful.
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers