Monday, May 17, 2010

may

well it is the middle of May already and I haven't written yet. For this month I am living with 3 boys in a house in Marion. Kory moved out and I moved right in to his room! I go to my internship at Project Leadership from 8-4 and then work at the Boys & Girls Club from 4-9.

Some days are rough. I absolutely love my time at my internship though. The people I get to work with and the atmosphere at the office are just so great. It is fun yet purposeful work. They have really trusted me with some great projects. I am sure you will hear more about these later when I will be requesting votes for our non-profit for a grant.

check out our blog/facebook/twitter/website!! (can you tell I'm doing a social media campaign? :)
http://gcprojectleadership.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Leadership
http://twitter.com/PLGrantCounty
www.projectleadership.org

I have enjoyed following my friends' World Impact trip in Uganda via their blog: http://iwuugandateam2010.blogspot.com/   while not a day goes by that I do not think of Swaziland & South Africa and pray God would send me back, it is amazing to pray for friends and relate to what they are experiencing. Love you Kristen, Lisa, & Kirsten!! Please, please join me in prayer for them as they are dealing with the British Airways strike - that they will get back to the U.S. and that it would be on schedule. [they were possibly going to have to come back a week early].

Also, please pray for my sister Karli as she has been dealing with being sick for 2 weeks now. She went back to school today though so praise God she is getting better!!

Last but not least...I can't not write about my Kory. He is in his 3rd week now at his new job @ The Crossing. He has connected with so many kids already and has been given a surprise opportunity to do ministry on tuesday nights with some youth down at 929. I just can't wait to see what all the Lord has in store for us in Quincy.

eat.sleep.work.repeat,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog and following your ministry. My little flower girl is all grown up...and my daughter will be your little flower girl. Life is moving crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete

Followers